Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In Loving Memory



I have written this post about 50 different times and erased it every time. Writing has always been therapy for me, I can usually express what I'm feeling better through my keyboard than in a conversation. Maybe it is all still to fresh, I'm not sure; but I need to remember what an amazing Mother I had and express my gratitude for all that she taught me!

I was thinking the other day of words that describe my Mom; here are just a few that I came up with: fighter, independent, loving, happy, Grandma, giving, nurturer, provider, faithful, and (of course) Mom!

She loved everyone she met, she wanted to help everyone and always put the care and comfort of others before her own care and comfort. She loved spending every minute she could with her children and grandchildren, and fought for every ounce of life that she could get! When she was diagnosed they told us she only had months to live - no one would have believed that after her diagnoses she would see her 4 youngest children get married, see 8 more grandchildren be born, travel to Australia and Oklahoma to pick up her 2 youngest sons from their missions. Cruise around Alaska, spend time with her high school friends, and continue to offer service for 9 more years!

As she got sicker the thing that hurt the most, for me personally, was that my boys wouldn't remember her, that Ryker would forget her. But I think they have a better understanding than I do. Whenever I catch Karsen smiling and laughing when no one is looking at him, I know it's my Mom that's making him so happy! The last couple months of her life I would say nightly prayers with Ryker and always made sure that he prayed for Grandma Debby to be at peace and know of our love for her. The other night we were saying prayers, without my prompting he said "Thank you so much for Grandma Debby and letting her live with Jesus. Tell her we love her." I'm so thankful my boys had her example and will continue to be watched over by her. I miss my Mom so much and my heart feels broken right now, but I'm so thankful that she is out of pain, back in her most perfect form and that I will get to see her again some day. I love you Mom!

Here are just a couple pictures of her that mean the world to me!




1 comment:

Monica said...

I absolutely love this post Tabby. It brought tears to my eyes. You have such an amazing mom and even though I didn't know her that well, I can see through other people, how amazing she truly is. I love you so much girly. xoxo