Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10*18*50

Last year was my Mom's 60th Birthday. We were fairly certain that it would be her last one and we wanted to make sure it was memorable; so, we threw her an incredible surprise party. It was so special! The word she used afterward was "honored". She felt so honored that her friends and family would come and celebrate her life while she was still around to enjoy it. Her best friends drove from Arizona to add to the surprise and it was an amazing night - one I will never forget.

Yesterday would have been her 61st Birthday; I can't even begin to describe how badly I miss her! She always made such a big deal of Holidays and Birthdays - really she just looked for any opportunity to get everyone together and make memories. I am so thankful that I was raised that way! I couldn't let her Birthday go by and not try to get as many siblings together as I could. I wish so badly that Misty and Skip and their families could have been with us, but I am hopeful that this will become a tradition on her Birthday to remember the incredible life that she lived.









We all met at the cemetery at 6:30, I couldn't believe that all the flowers were still there from her funeral, some of them were still very pretty! There were some fresh flowers too from friends that had been up that day to wish her a happy B-day.







I got to the cemetery a little early and actually looked around for the first time. I saw this statue of Christ and thought it was so beautiful so I wanted to get a picture of it. When I got up there I found this saying on the side and knew it was what I needed to see "NOT MY WILL BUT THINE BE DONE". I know that the Lord has a need for my Mom and is keeping her very busy.






After everyone was there we wrote down a memory on a piece of paper that Heidi had brought; on the front they said "In memory of Debby Adams, if you find this please consider making a donation to cancer research". We tied each piece of paper either a red balloon or a teal balloon. Red was her favorite color and teal is the color of the ovarian cancer ribbon. We all sang Happy Birthday and then let the balloons go.






The kids loved watching the balloons! We all thought it was pretty amazing the way they all stayed together, we figured that the whole bunch was going straight to her. I am so thankful that I will get to see my Mom again some day and I hope she knows how much she is loved and missed here.

No comments: