Friday, May 22, 2009

Dinosaurs, Treehouses and Jobs!

The last couple weeks have been so busy! Lots of fun, but busy! My sister-in-law Emma is visiting from Florida, she has been staying with her family in Salt Lake and was able to come to Ogden last Thursday. My Mom and I took them to Dinosaur Park; while Ryker is still to young to enjoy it, I loved getting to watch my nephew Eric! He ran from one display to the next and went behind each gate so he could see all the dinosaurs. My niece Lily was so cute with Ryker. She wanted to help me push the stroller but couldn't reach the handle bars so she was pushing on the basket under the seat. Unfortunately is tends to collapse when you push on it so she kept skinning her knees. She gave Ryker lots of kisses and he loved getting to play with his cousins. My Mom has been switched to a new kind of chemo drug and wasn't feeling very well, she loved seeing her grandkids but had a hard time keeping up.
He was excited to find one his size!

Lily helping push Ryker's stroller - he loved playing with his cousins!

This week, on the 19th - I turned 31! I can't believe I'm that old! I had a great lunch with my Mom, sister-in-law Brittany, Rylee, Parker and Ryker. We ate at The Oaks in Ogden canyon then drove up South Fork to check out a camp ground. I got lots of B-day wishes from great friends and family - thank you all so much for thinking of me! We will actually be celebrating it this weekend with a BBQ so I'll tell you how it goes next week. On Thursday Emma was able to come up again so we took the kids to the Treehouse Museum. For those of you who have small children and haven't been there - GO CHECK IT OUT! It is really inexpensive and will keep your kids busy for hours! They can play dress-up, doctors office, school, music - so much for them to do! When Ryker is older I will for sure be getting him a year pass (only $40 per child and they can bring 2 adults for free every time they come.) Poor Mom! Still not feeling good, but wouldn't miss a chance to get to see Emma, Eric and Lily! It was so much fun spending time with them and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able to move this way sooner then later!

Eric dressed as the court jester. He has got to be one of the sweetest, kindest kids I've ever known!!


Lily was so cute with Ryker, she is going to be a great big sister to the little Adams yet to be!

Had to take this picture quick before everyone got away! Grandma Debby with Eric, Lily and Ryker.

After I got home I received a call from Stevens-Henager College. I have done 2 interviews and a presentation for them for an admissions position. They asked me to come in and see them 1 more time. Rick came home to take care of Ryker and I went to see them again. They offered me the position!! Yeah, I'm so excited! I start on Tuesday. I am going to miss spending every day with my boy but feel like this opportunity will help us provide a better future. Not only is the salary good, in a year Rick and I will be able to go to school for free. With the schooling Rick has behind him he should be able to get his bachelors pretty quick. I got home just in time for Ryker to wake up from his nap and realized that everything is about to change:
Ryker is now pulling himself up! He already scoots so fast but now I have to really start baby proofing - what a cute boy! I admit, I love this little boy more then I ever thought I could!

1 comment:

Em said...

Sooooooooooo much fun getting to hang out with you, your Mom and your cute boy. Eric was upset that he didn't get to bring "his friend cousin Ryker" home with us.