Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Tortoise and The Python!

On the Payne side there are 4 grandkids that have B-days in September; Adayla, Oaklie, Jackson and Ryker. So my mother-in-law decided to throw a big party for all 4 of them and invited a guy that travels around and does reptile shows. This guy was great!!! He kept all the kids very entertained by letting them hold small lizards and snakes, he even put a scorpion in his mouth (don't know why!) He gave each of the birthday kids a T-shirt and brought them up on the stage at some point in his show. Of course, Ryker is still a little too young to hold snakes! So, he had him come up and ride a tortoise! Ryker loved it and the guy was shocked when Ryker sat on his back and didn't cry at all, in fact when everyone started cheering he turned and smiled for the crowd! Then for the big finale the guy brought out a HUGE python - I'm not exagerating, this snake was as long as the patio, it took 4 adults to lift him! All the kids got to touch him. My niece Rylee would get close but no way was she going to touch him! I even got brave and had Brittany take some pictures of Ryker by the python. The trainer was holding his head - don't worry!!! And I was standing on the other side of the python. Ryker was calm for a minute but then decided he didn't like the snake and I had to rescue him. Again, I don't have access to my pictures right now but I will be posting pictures soon!

September was a fun month with much to celebrate; my Mom's successful surgery, my baby turning 1 and 1 more year with my husband. Rick has proven to be an incredible father, as soon as he walks in the door Ryker starts laughing! They love the time they get to spend together and I think I saw Rick tear up when Ryker said "football". He has been such a big help when Ryker is sick, or when I really need sleep. He never complains about changing diapers or giving him baths. He enjoys my late night at work when it's just the 2 of them. Beyond that, he really is a wonderful husband who would do anything for Ryker and I. I'm so blessed with my two boys!

No comments: