Sunday, September 20, 2009

Out Run Cancer

September 12th turned out to be a very busy and hectic day, but a truly amazing one! It started at 8:00 AM in West Haven where I was able to participate in a cancer walk put together by my Mom's ward for her and a young father in her ward who is also fighting cancer. The turnout was INCREDIBLE! I felt so blessed to have 2 of my sister-in-laws - Amber and Nicole - walking with me as well as my Mom's old neighbor from Washington Terrace and two of my friends from the Valley - Amy and Autumn. The walk was $10 per person and the turnout was huge! After the walk there was a pancake breakfast that was $5 per person. There was a raffle for an I-Pod, a rifle and a couple other items, a live auction as well as a silent auction. I can't believe how many cool things were donated and went for pretty high prices! In just 1 day they raised over $12,000!! With all my Mom has been through and all she has coming up, I am so thankful for a strong community, family and friends! Thank you all so much for your prayers, donations, love and support!

Ryker's favorite game, glad Grandma's a good sport!

My niece Elora and nephew Parker

My Sisters-in-law Amber and Nicole - made out BIG in the auctions!

Mom, Jared, Brittany and Jeanie Bliss enjoying breakfast

Heidi and Elora keeping Ryker entertained

Jared and Brittany just wanted to show everyone who good breakfast was.

What a way to start his first B-day!

I went to Terrace Elementary and Snow Crest with these two and they haven't changed a bit! Autumn and Amy

1 comment:

Em said...

Glad everything went well!