Monday, January 2, 2012

Wendell (Skip) Adams

After a very long night of black Friday shopping, and not as much rest as I needed, I woke up and checked my email. I had an email from my Aunt Cheryl letting me know that my Dad had turned for the worst and wasn't doing well. I had known for about 3 weeks that he was sick but was amazed at how fast his cancer moved. No sooner had I closed my email that my brothers Jared and Jesse called me to let me know that my Dad had passed.

I have not been fortunate enough to have a close relationship with my Dad for the last 20 years, but I am very thankful that I did get to talk to him before he passed and both of us got to say some of the things we wanted to say. I was very young when he left but I do still have some great memories of family camping trips, road trips, hiking, horse back riding and quality family time. Finding out that he had passed was harder than I anticipated - especially so close to losing my Mom.

This has been a tough year - one I will be tremendously relieved when it is over! But I am thankful my parents are out of pain and no longer suffering. I will keep them in my heart always!

No comments: