Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year was a little weird for me. Rick's family needed to celebrate Thanksgiving on another night due to work schedules and my family was giving priority to in-laws. This left us nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. So... I decided to step up and start making memories for my own little family. I cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner...all...by...myself! The only problem? I'm used to cooking for a large group - not 2 adults and a picky 3 year old.

Mom's Famous Candied Yams - lightly burnt.


Yummy green bean casserole.



Turkey wrapped in bacon - I know, it sounds weird - but SUPER DELICIOUS!


Chocolate/Peanut Butter pie and Banana Cream pie

After dinner I got really brave - I mean REALLY brave.......I started black Friday shopping at 7 PM! I hit Michael's, Old Navy, and Shopko and was done by 1 AM. Unfortunately - the one thing Rick really wanted was at Big 5 and they didn't open until 5 AM. So I sat in my jeep watching movies and trying to keep my eyes open! Talk about true love! So proud to say I made it through and Rick got his inversion table. This was my first all nighter in a very, very, very long time. And, hopefully my last all nighter for a very, very, very long time!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yummy!!! Oh my gosh, everything looks so delicious!! : )