Tuesday, January 3, 2012

No Place Like Home for the Holidays!

There is no place better than Utah during the holidays! So many fun family activities! Here is just a little of what we got to do in December as a family. Since it was especially cold this year, Karsen stayed home with Rick and Ryker and I got a lot of quality time. I tried to remember to take pictures at each event but, sadly, missed out on a few. Here are a couple highlights:


This year when I pulled out my ornaments to decorate the tree I noticed that there were several I didn't recognize. For the life of me, I couldn't remember them! Until finally I got to a couple that I remembered giving my Mom in Christmas' past. She must have somehow snuck them in with my other ornaments. It meant so much to me that I left my tree a little more bare this year with just lights, ornaments and the star. I loved my tree this year!


I have been slowly collecting each piece of this nativity set with the help of my Mom. She gave me most of it for Christmas last year. I love this set and wanna get the last couple pieces so next year it can be complete.

For the last 6 years I have been building my Christmas Village. Each year I add on a new building. I'm thinking that in the next couple years I'll have to find a new spot for it.

I got to escape on one of my days off from work and take my niece Lily to the movies for her Birthday. We saw Arthur Christmas, ate pizza and candy and I loved getting to spend some one on one time with her. I think I'll make this my new tradition for the nieces and nephews birthdays, I love spending time with family!

There is a park in Ogden that turns into Christmas Village the day after Thanksgiving. It was a little too cold to walk around so we went and saw Santa then rode the train around the block and called it good.

This is Ryker on the train, I love his "smiley" face!


Karsen is now 8 months old, says Mamma and scoots EVERYWHERE! He is still so happy and playful, loves to cuddle and is pretty dang spoiled!

Ryker was sagging his pants and looked like a little gangster. I told him to show me a peace sign and he did this - I guess he's a little OG!

This month I also took the boys to our ward Christmas breakfast, went on a horse carriage ride through the lights at Willard Bay, made a yummy Christmas Eve dinner and spend a lot of quality time with my family. Believe it or not, I'm still not caught up with the month of December so keep checking back, I'm getting there!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love Ryker's mohawk. Awesome. Karsen is so cuddly!!! Love him. xo